up on the watershed

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

choice quotations from DC

DC was a blast. The city was not nearly as exciting or as vogue as I expected, but we had some great meals, with great company, and saw some pretty stuff: Cezanne at the National Gallery, the Sculpture Garden, the Bonsai exhibit at the National Arb, the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument at Night, Dupont Circle, etc. I'm relatively sure I had the best, freshest Chinese food I've ever had on Saturday evening at the Asian Bistro in Old Town(e?), which is one of Courtney's old haunts.

Pics here.

Matt: [eyeing my white ONE.org bracelet] Hey. What does ONE mean again?
Me: [jokingly] It means...go fuck yourself.
Kevin: I love this part of the vacation.

Courtney: [driving and trying to find Sephora. Also, exasperated with Matt, who has been whining about needing to pee] Mathew, do you really have to pee or is this another one of your psychological experiments?

Kevin: Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one 's first exposure to Matt should be through that quote board. You can write that down, Al.

Matt: [has been complaining about his gimpy feet] I believe in eugenics.
Kevin: Matt.
Al: Yeah. What Kevin said. That covers it.
Matt: [innocently] What?
Kevin: OK, then let's start with the people with foot problems.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK. How about I was in DC THE SAME WEEKEND YOU WERE and I didn't know this?

    Of course, we are both back in our respective states. But STILL! AGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home