it's over? what?
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Ran a half marathon, went to lots of new travel spots.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't have any. Win! I had a mid-year resolution and succeeded at it pretty well, though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! My cousin did.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No. This year was blessedly funeral free (again, thankfully).
5. What places did you visit? Too many to list, as I traveled more than 66 nights this year. Highlights: Denver, Madison, Alaska, and the Deep South.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Career clarity. (Still!)
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hm. Hard to say--the last full weekend in October, for sure (heartache!), the week I spent in the South.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding my way again, in almost every facet possible.
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting 'em get the best of me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? My foot was jacked up after the race for awhile, but nothing permanent or noteworthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought? All of the travel, new running shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My loved ones continue to be awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one I can really think of.
14. Where did most of your money go? House fund and travel (same story, different year!).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Alaska, new possibilities and fresh starts.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "Down" by Jay Sean. It's in my head constantly.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Relaxing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Working, laundry.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? In Milwaukee and Madison, per usual.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nope.
22. How many one-night stands? Zero.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Oh man, the best thing I watched this year was Gossip Girl. For real.
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Handed out candy for Halloween, ate delicious party food, went to Mass, had brunch, and lounged on the couch.
25. What was the best book you read? "Bonk" is both smart and funny.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hm. I really don't have an answer to this one.
27. What did you want and get? Awesome trips and some good companionship.
28. What did you want and not get? A new job and a house.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hangover.
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Always.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? See 28.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Trendy school marm.
33. What kept you sane? My friends and family.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Pass.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? All this healthcare hoopla.
36. Who did you miss? My family.
37. Who was the best new person you met? I can't pick just one.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. "Work is love made visible."