up on the watershed

Sunday, April 08, 2007

mmm.

Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day, which is sayin' something for someone who has spent most of the last 4 years eating cereal for breakfast. Cereal does not make breakfast awesome. Pancakes, french toast, omelettes, biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes do, though. I have been on a pancake kick for the last several months, but I finally got tired of paying for them and started making them at home. This morning, however, I had some leftover whole wheat french bread to use up. French toast!

2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1-2 tbsp Splenda
1-2 tsp almond extract
Cinnamon to your liking

Whisk that all together in a shallow baking dish or pan until it's well blended. I had 4 pieces of bread that were about an inch thick. It was the perfect amount, though the recipe can be doubled and tripled and whatnot. Add the bread to the mixture and let it soak about 5 minutes on each side. Heat a nonstick pan or griddle on medium, spray it with Pam for good measure, and add the soaked bread. I think it took about 4 minutes on each side. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 09, 2007 7:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Screw pancakes. It's all about waffles. I have some INCREDIBLE homemade recipes that aren't that bad, if interested...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home