up on the watershed

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

tradition, now.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Went to Europe and other assorted new-to-me places.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Kind of. I kept some of them, but failed at keeping track of them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! My aunt and a friend.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. This year was blessedly funeral free.

5. What places did you visit? Madison, Boise, Madison, Atlanta, Ft. Myers Beach, Madison, Chicago, Las Vegas, Spain, Italy, France, Madison, Cincinnati, rural central Ohio, Madison, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Madison, Madison, Madison.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Career clarity. And a cute boy to snuggle with on my couch wouldn't be bad.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 31 (left for Europe), August 10 (break up in the most spectacularly heinous fashion ever), my birthday (pretty awesome).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting better at my job, starting to run again, using my passport for the first time.

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't think of much that happened this year in terms of failure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not much--just a few garden variety illnesses.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My plane ticket and cruise.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My loved ones continue to be awesome.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one I can really think of.

14. Where did most of your money go? House fund and travel.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Europe!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I'm not sure. Currently "Womanizer" is stuck in my head, so maybe that'll work. Except it should really be "Manizer" to describe my year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) richer or poorer? Richer?

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Running and cooking.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Driving.

20. How did you spend Christmas last year? In Milwaukee and Madison, per usual.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Not yet. ;) What? There's still like 12 hours left!

22. How many one-night stands? A lady never tells.

23. What was your favorite TV program? I don't have one, but I love watching the shows on DHC and TLC that show various aspects of the human condition.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008? I woke up to sunshine and 70 degree weather, headed to the winery with awesome friends, had a great meal, and overall, a wonderful day.

25. What was the best book you read? Wish I had an answer for this, but there were few great books in my life this year.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Griffin House via other bloggers.

27. What did you want and get? Inner peace. And some tiny diamond studs for my ears.

28. What did you want and not get? A house.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Milk was very, very good.

30. Did you make some new friends this year? Always.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less of The Crazy.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Personal fashion concept?

33. What kept you sane? My friends and family.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Pass.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential election, of course.

36. Who did you miss? Madison and its inhabitants. My mom.

37. Who was the best new person you met? I can't pick just one.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. It's about trusting yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home