up on the watershed

Sunday, June 19, 2005

battle wounds

I went to the batting cages this afternoon to work on my swing. Let's face it: there's not much you can do over the course of one season to grow amazing biceps and triceps in order to hurl the ball faster and harder from RF to third. Nope, that takes a lot more time (and dedication). But you can improve your swing with practice.

I had some decent hits, lots of mediocre ones, and a few bad swings. By pitch 56, the blister I didn't even know I had burst and I was in agony for the last pitchy goodnesses of my token. I was batting without a glove because I'm a) not that hard core b) cheap and c) don't want to buy one. Plus, I was laboring under the assumption that you could bat endlessly without getting blisters! Guess that illusion is shattered. Ow.

Its sister in blisterhood is developing just below, too. Quite possibly I'll have to invest in a glove tomorrow afternoon so I can bat without pain tomorrow night. You can imagine how thrilled I am about this.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 9:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog! I have a website that you may find interesting at http://newsfromiraq.org. My website is about jihad. Come see it for yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home