up on the watershed

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

wisco, in 5 stories.

1. This cat:



doesn't love me much (she doesn't love anyone much, actually), but her people sure do. Holla plungers and baked cheese and rainy farmers' markets, loves.

2. Say what you will about the Midwest (I know I've said plenty), but people there are effin' nice and effin' generous. In the four minutes I observed a white, hippie-lookin' couple in their late 20s or early 30s, complete with two dogs, standing in the rain on the busiest corner of my little hometown, replete with "TRAVELIN', BROKE & HUNGRY" sign, 2 people gave them cash from their cars, one woman brought a sack of stuff from the convenience store across the street and one guy pulled over and gave them a pizza.

3. These people:



are obviously gorgeous. And intelligent. And T-Rex has tiny hands. And these people love me a lot. And vice versa.

4. This chick:



rocks my world AND taught me how to knit. Come visit soon, cheri. I miss you already.

5. Wisconsin is beautiful in ways the desert never can be, namely:



and the lush, lush greenery of the spring.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home