up on the watershed

Sunday, November 05, 2006

I miss my Wisconsin posse much more than I let on, most days. I'd give an awful lot to know that on Tuesday, some of us would be headed to the Wine Boutique to do a tasting and then hang out wherever the evening took us. I sometimes miss the life I had in Madison with luxe pay checks, a regular 9-5 type of job that was stressful only occasionally, the familiarity of the city in which I grew up, my family all within 80 miles of my apartment, and most of my best friends within driving distance, too.

I'm not sure where this blog is going, except that I'm feeling slightly maudlin for no reason whatsoever, except that as of a few days ago, I'm a year older and probably none the wiser. I've said it before, and I'll say it again in the months to come, I am certain--moving to Tucson was the best decision I ever made. Sure, I'll get a master's degree out of the deal eventually and I guess I can name a couple of ways in which I've grown intellectually (lord would our dept head kill me for putting it that way), but more than that, I've grown up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home