up on the watershed

Saturday, July 23, 2005

tbsod

I have been using computers now for more than two thirds of my life. The majority of said use has been in various Windows operating systems and so, I consider myself at least somewhat familiar with PCs and the various shenanigans they pull. When the Blue Screen of Death appeared on my laptop today, I could not possibly take it seriously. I'd never seen it before (yes, ever) and thought it was some fabled programmer joke. Besides that, whoever wrote the error text didn't even capitalize Windows properly, so my first thought was that some rogue virus had taken over my computer--nay, the entire world.

You can take the girl out of a tech writing position, but you can't take the tech writer out of the girl. Or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home