up on the watershed

Saturday, July 08, 2006

on blowing and jobs

I've been having a streak of bad life lately, some of which I imagine I will write about eventually. One of the best things (besides what seems like a functioning research project) I've got going for me right now is my half-time job at that big non-profit I mentioned a few weeks ago. I spend my afternoons calling local businesses to see if any of their employees would like to learn more about our event and attend a kickoff breakfast. There is lots of cheesy motivational stuff going on 'cause it's not easy work (examples: stickers on the wall reflect how many invites we've each personally issued). My boss gave us all party horns. You know the kind that roll up into a tight circle and roll out when you blow? We are encouraged to blow the horn when we get a Yes, so that others in the office may applaud us and make a fuss. Sometimes, blowing that horn feels like pure joy and is the highlight of my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home