up on the watershed

Sunday, July 06, 2008

quarterly recap the second

I know, I know. I am a travelogue withholding shrew. I haven't been in much of a mood to write much lately, but I do plan to keep plugging away at chronicling my trip. For now, if it would please the court, I will revisit my yearly resolutions:

Completed:

4. Oregon.
5. Get a passport.
7. Take a belly dancing class at least once, to try it out.

6. Use it [the passport].


Done! 12 days in Europe. 3 countries. A lot of water. 8 cities. It was glorious, as you already know.

In Progress/Omnipresent:

1. Be healthier.

Still doing alright here. Second quarter saw a dramatic upswing in regular, daily physical activity. But then I went traveling for a month and it all got pushed aside (well, except when I was in Europe and walking 5-8 hours a day). I am hoping that getting back to my regularish work schedule will help me routinize this again.

10. Write more.
Trying, trying. I think I need to give myself a writing project, like revisiting an old paper and trying to get it published. But don't hold me to that.

No Progress/Holding Pattern:

2. Rhode Island.
Likely on hold until the fall or, dare I say it, 2009.

3. Vermont.
Same!

8. Go to Drinking Liberally Indy at least once, to try it out.
Last time I said I'd shoot for April, this time I'm not even going to be that bold. It is still on the list of a priority activities for me, but is pretty close to the bottom of the list.

9. Get a regular volunteer gig in my community.
I'm still struggling with what or how this should be. I did recently join a philanthropy circle through which I will be doing some sporadic service, but I'm not convinced that's what I envisioned for myself when I set this goal. I think I need to think more about my time and how/where it can be best spent.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home