up on the watershed

Sunday, December 18, 2005

you would think they're carefree

Our part of town nearly shuts down when the students aren't here. There are no cars in the giant parking lots. The convenience stores are empty, the rec center is desolate. It is strange, suddenly, life. Working at a frenetic pace, dozens of emails to be read and answered daily, just trying to keep your head above water and get those thoughts out onto the page. And now, endless days of laziness and reading and loafing.

7, 6, 5, 2, and 2.5 months since I have seen Kevin, Nicole, Melissa, Matt and Kelly, respectively. I don't know what it says about me that I haven't mustered much enthusiasm for my trip home until I took stock today and realized how empty the next few weeks in Tucson might be..but I miss my friends and I am so excited to see them.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 2:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Same here - and I have grown to love it in just the three days since they've been gone. The quiet, the parking spaces, the lack of lines at Target...bliss.

    Safe travels, missy.
    -Jana

     
  • At Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, I feel that "haven't-seen-you-in-forever" thing. it's been what, 68 months? =) Jose, the cabana boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home