up on the watershed

Monday, December 18, 2006

in the lady doctor's office

Her (examining my sexual health history sheet): Oh, I see here that you've been with your partner for 4 years.
Me (startled): ?! Er, I thought I wrote 1?
Her: Haha, oh you did. Okay.
Me (laughing): Seriously. 4 years? Where's my ring?!
Her: It's inside of you, honey.

Ah, Nuvaring. Constant source of hormones AND fun.

At any rate, I am sick again. I had a very mild cold last week that went away after 3 or 4 days and was feeling well until Saturday afternoon. I thought maybe my throat was just reacting to the congestion and whatnot, but..no. This marks the second time in two months that I've had some sort of wacked out throat thing going on. The last time, it was strep. This time, it's inconclusive. The strep test came back negative this morning, but there's definitely a party happening at the back of my throat, so the doctor I saw in Urgent Care (*after* I had my pap and annual exam, sat around waiting for a referral to get the Gardasil vaccination, and gave some blood to the nice lab folks) gave me a "broad spectrum" antibiotic, thinking the penicillin I took in October may not have done its job. Ah, well. Quarantined again until tomorrow morning. I'm feeling better after popping the first pill this morning and taking some massive doses of ibuprofen. And some Ben and Jerry's, of course.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home