up on the watershed

Thursday, December 14, 2006

thursday: the day of thurs

I've had an absolutely lovely day, which began with some delicious cake at our department to celebrate the December birthdays, and ended with a delicious dinner and drink with some of my dearest friends to celebrate the end of the semester. In between, I ran to the cake shop to pick up candy paraphenalia, finished my grading and posted grades, cleaned up the kitchen and made a disastrous batch of caramels with Heather. I didn't check the temperature soon enough, so they turned out like toffee after we poured them over cashews, pecans and nests of noodles. Alas! Not gift-worthy, probably, but definitely party-worthy so they will make an appearance at Lauryn's birthday party tomorrow night. She's been enjoying them, so that counts for something, I think.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home