up on the watershed

Sunday, December 31, 2006

maybe this year will be better than the last

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? I saw one of the seven wonders of the world. I held an Inaz baby. As for the rest, I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not sure I had any. If I did, I can almost guarantee that I failed spectacularly at keeping my resolve.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Casey did, as did my aunt.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What places did you visit? Cleveland, DC, Madison, Sedona & the Grand Canyon, Oakland, Albuquerque, Madison, Madison, Boise, Madison, Madison.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A cure for pancreatic cancer would be swell, thanks.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 15. April 22. July 3. July 7. August 29. September 1. October 13.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving.

9. What was your biggest failure? Guess who doesn't weigh 160 pounds today?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? In ridiculous quantities, both physical and emotional. Let's not do that again.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I purchased some really cool things for other people. For me, the best things I bought were probably my Keens. Or maybe my Skechers Bikers. Let's just say shoes in general.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All of my friends. All of them.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I'm not at liberty to say.

14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and car payments. And eating out.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ummm. NWSA? Surprises for certain people, too.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? I have to pick just one? "Delicate" by Damien Rice.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? It's a toss up. Fight the binary.
b) thinner or fatter? slightly thinner
c) richer or poorer? poorer, I think.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise, pleasure reading, cooking.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Receiving catastrophic news, losing sleep, being weary, travel.

20. How did you spend Christmas last year? In Milwaukee and Madison, per usual.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Indeed.

22. How many one-night stands? None.

23. What was your favorite TV program? Big Brother. Though if I were inclined towards more TV, I'd totally get on the Scrubs and Family Guy and Arrested Development bandwagons. Good shit.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2006? Dessert on my actual birthday with friends, party a few days later with requisite Birthday Lasagna. Still more celebration the next week with Aaron.

25. What was the best book you read? Um.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Damien Rice, Shawn Mullins, Jack Johnson.

27. What did you want and get? For Christmas? I didn't really have any wants, but was really excited to receive the gifts people got me.

28. What did you want and not get? Heh.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Borat, the only one I saw.

30. Did you make some new friends this year? I certainly did. And thank God for them.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Erasing a lot of those dates I listed above.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Grad student comfortable.

33. What kept you sane? My peeps.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't really fancy any of them...

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I was mostly unstirred all year. Though I was pleased about the EC approval, and dismayed, of course, about dumb South Dakota. Oh, and completely pissed off with the state of Wisconsin.

36. Who did you miss? Too many people to count.

37. Who was the best new person you met? #6.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Usually it's when you think things can't get any worse that they do. On the upside, you will survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home