up on the watershed

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Well, now that I've brandished the big guns, the rest of the month promises to be pretty boring. At least I hit Best Of Holidailies on day 2! Sorry to disappoint if you're looking for quality writing here. I don't do that as a hobby, I do it for a living. Here, I try my best to split my infinitives, use transitive verbs intratransitively, do without "with which" clauses, etc. (See? I don't even know what that last grammatical rule is called. I can't believe anyone ever paid me to write, let alone teach other people how. To write.)

I was idly surfing through my Flickr site to see if there's a photo in there worth blogging about. But no, not really. Mostly they are memories of very good times and I'm not too big on reliving the past at this here blog. I will say that since I set up the screensaver on my laptop to flash random pictures from my MyPictures folder, my life has improved 9000-fold. It is seriously relaxing to just watch a few minutes of my life fly by in pixel form, especially when most of those files remain untouched after they've been sifted and uploaded.

I am currently entering hour 25 of having had my only real final exam in my hot little hands and also having written exactly 0 words of it. I made out a cute little schedule for completing the exam (12 essay questions. TWELVE.) for the rest of the week and then promptly spent my afternoon at lunch and wandering through Costco instead of harnessing my writing chi when it was ripe. Now it's after 7 and seriously, who can start work after 7? The workday should be over at this point and it almost always is, in my world. Remind me of that when I'm pulling an all nighter next Sunday, trying to finish up that exam.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home