up on the watershed

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

christmas, christmas time is near

So I've been working on making people's wildest Christmas fantasies come true lately. Er. Who am I kidding? I'm a grad student, so the fantasies must be sort of mundane and affordable. I've got my cousins and my #6 covered (all of whom, except for the infant, read this site, so excuse me for keeping those things mum), but still have to shop for two aunts, a grandmother who can and does buy anything she might want and my folks (ditto).

When deciding what to give to Hannah, I briefly debated buying her a baby "this is what a feminist looks like," t-shirt. However, I'm fairly certain her parents would hate it and summarily cut me off from the babycrack, so I have to be sneaky about her indoctrination. To compensate for the lack of a sassy t-shirt, I instead bought her a couple of books with feminist heroines and plotlines--the Paper Bag Princess and um, something else I can't remember. They'll never detect my plot if I stick to wholesome, educational gifts.

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh, Aunt Sue forwarded me Hannah's Wishlist, as devised by Uncle John, and it is NOTHING but DVDs. Books will be good for you to give her, yo. Also, *I* might just give her that t-shirt and keep it at my house, like I said. ;) Woot. Thanks for telling me about it. I have your present en route to me now (and I think part of it here already, too). Woooot. Christmas is yay.

     
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, and I told Aunt Sue tonight about the tee shirt and she said that SHE would put it on Hannah, too. We want the tee! We want the tee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home